Ben Strange, Head of Professional Services at Ingleton Wood will be a keynote speaker at the event. Ben is a chartered Building Surveyor with a particular expertise on the impact of MEES.
From 1 April 2018 it will be unlawful for landlords to grant a new or renewal lease of commercial properties with EPC ratings of F or G. Fines for non-compliance will run up to £150,000 per property for every three month infringement and offending landlords will have their details publicised.
From 1 April 2023 it will be unlawful to allow an existing letting of an F or G rated property to continue and the same enforcement will apply.
The speakers will cover:
- Who has to pay for the improvement works: landlord or tenant?
- How easy is it to upgrade a building to an E rating?
- Can landlords use service charge provisions to improve the premises?
- What are the exemptions?
- Do listed buildings need to comply?
- How will MEES impact a s.18 valuation?
- Will tenants be able to walk away from their dilapidations liabilities?
- What is the impact on other areas, e.g. rent reviews, lease surrenders, capital values?
Date: Thursday 15 March
6.00pm – Arrival and welcome drinks
6.30pm – Presentation and panel Q&A
9.00pm – Drinks reception
85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
For full details and how to book, see the RadcliffesLeBrasseur’s website here.
If you would like to meet Ben at the event, please contact him directly using the details below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ben Strange | BSc (Hons) MRICS
Head of Professional Services (London)
DD: 020 7680 4418 | M: 07792 568301