Ingleton Wood have picked out a few key areas where commercial property owners and occupiers can mitigate their COVID-19 risks and prepare for the future to take advantage of any opportunities.
Like most, our staff are all working from home. We are completing inspections when safe to do so, once appropriately risk assessed and approved by our central Inspections Team.
We are finding creative and sensible solutions to help our clients navigate these uncertain times.
Interrupted and paused projects
We can assist with projects that have stalled on site due to social distancing, H&S issues and supply chain interruption.
- Reassessing utilisation
- Focus on pre-construction design work
- Supply chain analysis
- Covid-19 RAMS
- Site safety and security
Opportunity to review & audit
Desktop audit of statutory documentation for buildings as a health check.
- Fire safety works - cladding and passive fire provisions
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments to check declared value is appropriate
- Vacant building M&E services, statutory testing, legionella risks etc.
A time for collaboration between landlords and tenants to a certain extent.
- Review leases and identify conditional breaks, conditional reinstatement clauses
- Interim dilapidations – Repair Notices
- FRS102 dilapidations assessments
Ready for acquisition & disposal
Ensure that assets for market are sale ready by working through disrepair, statutory compliance and sustainability issues.
- Vendors TDD surveys if clients want to dispose of assets quickly
- Regularising unlicenced tenant alterations
- Revisting planned maintenance reports to defer expenditure
Planning for re-occupation
Once lockdown is over, to prepare for returning to workplaces and how that can be managed.
- Space planning/modifications for intermediate period of social distancing.
- Feasibility for repurposing vacant properties
- Testing and certification of M&E services
Get in touch to see how we can support you at firstname.lastname@example.org.